Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Graveyard Shift Librarian



The librarian down the street from me is evil. "I just tell it like it is," I heard her say once. When I went up to her to check out a book she yelled at a grown man, "WALK!" and then began muttering to me under her breath: "I hope what happened to that little girl the other day happens to him." I looked down. "It's a terrible thing to say," she continued. "She didn't listen to me and then she fell and her head starting bleeding and she cried. She learned her lesson."
This librarian makes me feel like I'm 5 years old again, in trouble, panicky. My heart is always pounding when I approach her. She works the graveyard afternoon shift at the library. And then she goes to the cemetery to bury all the kids she's collected throughout the day. She's a witch.

1 comment:

Bill Robinson said...

hahaha nice blog header...does this mean you'll be posting here more regularly?